Menu
christinamcf02
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

tvio bleeping

Hi, ive noticed a beeping noise in my room so i taken plugs out and tested seems to be from my tivo not sure if it's from the box or the power supply though the onyl way i can discribe it is either like drops of water dripping or like interference. Can any one help ?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: tvio bleeping

Hi Christinamcf02,

Welcome into the Community and thank you for taking the time to post. 

These strange noises could be a couple of things at a glance, so i'll need to ask a little bit about how you're using the TiVo. 

Are you hearing this when you're not using the remote control, or when navigating through the service?

Also is this happening when there are 3 green lights on the box?

Keep in touch and let me know.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
christinamcf02
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi its when it switched on only 2 green lights on and im watching tv or even when on standyby. I'm having to unplug the box at night to sleep the noise is keeping me up at night ive got a new power supply from virgin and still no different its the box thats making the strange sound. Ive reformatted thr box and still no change
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Christinamcfc02,

Thank you for writing to us regarding the TiVo bleeping in the home, I'm very sorry that this is happening. 

I would like to help and with the box bleeping above the normal nose in a room it would be best to get this looked into. I would like to arrange an engineer to come out and look at the box. I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Stay in touch and have a great day.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos