Menu
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

tv license to watch bbc i player is that required through interactive on demand section

ive checked and the new required law is required about having new tv license to watch bbc player via computer but im sure its not needed to watch through virgin on demand section /programmes

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: tv license to watch bbc i player is that required through interactive on demand section

You need a TV licence to watch anything through Virgin Media.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: tv license to watch bbc i player is that required through interactive on demand section

When you sign up for services VM should check the address they are servicing has a valid licence. If you don't have a valid licence you are in breach of contract, & VM can disconnect you, although I've never heard of them actually doing this.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

ernie c i gather that i know but what im trying to say is bbc i player through computer is required to watch with licence but virgin is free i already pay my tv licence so im in all clear but im just trying to figure out why i player as changed and requires licence
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The law has changed to close a loophole which allowed people to watch TV through iPlayer without paying the licence fee to do so. Quite right, don't you think so?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Here is the official TV Licensing link that covers the change

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/topics/bbc-iplayer-and-the-tv-licence
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own