Menu
jaxxchris
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

tv input change from remote

how do i change the tv input from the tivo remote. on sky pressing tv then the help button cycled the tv inputs for example changing through all the hdmi inputs, scart etc.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: tv input change from remote

jaxxchris wrote:

how do i change the tv input from the tivo remote. on sky pressing tv then the help button cycled the tv inputs for example changing through all the hdmi inputs, scart etc.

Try using the Teletext button

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there Jaxxchris, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and I'd like to thank you for bringing this up. We only advise that programming the TiVo® remote control will work for Volume, Mute and powering the TV on/off.  Whilst some TV's may pick up other attributes this is purely by accident, and not something that we would support. 

You could certainly try Shelke's suggestion, as it may work for some TV's but we make no promises on this. 

Many thanks

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

jaxxchris wrote:

Try using the Teletext button

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there Jaxxchris, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and I'd like to thank you for bringing this up. We only advise that programming the TiVo® remote control will work for Volume, Mute and powering the TV on/off.  Whilst some TV's may pick up other attributes this is purely by accident, and not something that we would support. 

You could certainly try Shelke's suggestion, as it may work for some TV's but we make no promises on this. 

Many thanks

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
jaxxchris
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

missed opportunity for Virgin there.
I very rarely use the tv remote on the lounge tv, i just use the sky HD remote.
0 Kudos