Menu
camy67
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

tv channels

hi all.

can someone tell me if I should stll get all my freeview channels through my virgin tv box. I have the big easy bundle and it seems like most of the freeview channels are gone.

thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: tv channels

The TV component of the Big Easy bundle and Freeview are different.

Freeview is a set of channels delivered via an external aerial. TV M is the Virgin Media 'free' bundle of channels delivered via the cable network.

Freeview contains some channels that TV M does not and TV M contains some channels that Freeview doesn't.

0 Kudos
camy67
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply.
Find it strange that they dont put on all the freeview stuff as well, instead if you want to watch a freeview channel you have to change your tv to the freeview mode, which doesnt work in my area due to hills.
Gotta admit , i think skys interface is also far superior, virgins is dated and takes forever.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Freeview is a platform operated by a commercial company, which broadcasters pay to join, just as Virgin is a pay platform which broadcasters pay to join. The "free" bit only means its free to the viewer. Its not free to the broadcaster to join any platform, & they have to make a commercial decision as to where their money goes.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos