Menu
cybmole
Community elder
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

tv anywhere - win10 upgrade

will accepting the upgrade to win 10 have wiped any stored device authorisation for tv anywhere

could be problematic if so, especially with the restrictive chill out periods for changing devices.

once on W10, will tv anywhere work in edge, or only in IE ( I assume chrome is still not supported) ?

many commentators are recommending a two stage: upgrade from w7/8 to win 10 once, to get the activation registered. then wipe and clean install w10 for stability. what does that double process do to TV anywhere activation ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: tv anywhere - win10 upgrade

Microsoft Edge isn't currently compatible with TV Anywhere or the Sky Movies and Sky Sports website, so you'll have to use an alternate browser.

Although IE11 is in Windows 10, you might want to consider using Firefox instead as it'll support both TVA and the Sky Sports and Movies  website and doesn't have any of the Internet Explorer issues that caused Microsoft to create Edge.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: tv anywhere - win10 upgrade

ok - what about the list of authorised devices. is that hardware based, i.e do VM servers have the MAC of the each device's network adapter  - that will not change at upgrade

, or is a local registry key written - that will probably get lost.

is there any technical/security reason why edge could not be supported in future. I forsee many unhappy customers if now, if they buy a new W10 machine and TV anywhere does not work. is IE11 even on a new-build (i.e.  not upgraded from... ) PC

UPDATE - well I logged iin via  IE11 waited for detecting device and to my suprise it still works.- so maybe  detection IS hardware based ?

compare that with my amazon  music player desktop program that amazon say  is running on a newly added device since the W10 upgrade, using up one of10 slots.

But 10 slots is far more generous thn VMs 2 slots, so less worrying.

0 Kudos