Menu
Angie270463
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

trying to watch a movie link on my you tube channel not got a smart Tv how can I do this pls

trying to watch a movie link on my you tube channel not got a smart Tv how can I do this pls

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: trying to watch a movie link on my you tube channel not got a smart Tv how can I do this pls

Hi Angie270463,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting on the ForumSmiley Happy

You should be able to view all YouTube content via the YouTube app on the TiVo® box (this option is not available on a V+ box). If you are trying to access an external link via YouTube, you won't be able to view the link via the TiVo®.

In order to view a World Wide Web link, you would require an internet connection and browser to your TV. There is hardware you can purchase to connect to your TV to do this, but this is not supplied by Virgin Media. 

Perhaps someone from the Community could suggest something.

If the movie link you have is for a movie on YouTube, if you have a URL, you can search this via a computer/laptop/tablet/mobile to find the title and then enter the title into the YouTube app on the TiVo®, and you should be able to access the content. 

Hope this helps.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: trying to watch a movie link on my you tube channel not got a smart Tv how can I do this pls

Hi Angie270463,

Just checking back with you regarding the issue you are having with your YouTube channel via the TiVo®.

Please let me know if you need further assistance with this.

Thanks.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Angie270463,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting on the ForumSmiley Happy

You should be able to view all YouTube content via the YouTube app on the TiVo® box (this option is not available on a V+ box). If you are trying to access an external link via YouTube, you won't be able to view the link via the TiVo®.

In order to view a World Wide Web link, you would require an internet connection and browser to your TV. There is hardware you can purchase to connect to your TV to do this, but this is not supplied by Virgin Media. 

Perhaps someone from the Community could suggest something.

If the movie link you have is for a movie on YouTube, if you have a URL, you can search this via a computer/laptop/tablet/mobile to find the title and then enter the title into the YouTube app on the TiVo®, and you should be able to access the content. 

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Angie270463,

Just checking back with you regarding the issue you are having with your YouTube channel via the TiVo®.

Please let me know if you need further assistance with this.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Angie270463
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for your advice....think I will need to see if someone can tell me what hardware I would need to attach my IT device to my TV ....hope someone can help...will of course ask my friends but so far they havent been much help....

Regards

Angie

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Angie270463,

Thanks for getting back to me. If you Google your query, it should give you some hardware options that you can look into further to see what is appropriate for your requirements.

Please let me know if I can help any further.

Take care.

0 Kudos