Flag for a moderator

transfer hd+ programmes to tivo ????

Is it possible to transfer recorded programmes from HD+ box to my new Tivo box/

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: transfer hd+ programmes to tivo ????

mark8005 wrote:

Is it possible to transfer recorded programmes from HD+ box to my new Tivo box/

No, the only option I've seen mentioned is in real time stream each one to a DVD/VHS recorder (using a SCART cable.)

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi mark8005

Thanks for your post regarding the recordings from the V+HD box to TiVo® and welcome to the forums.

With the V+HD box there is an option if you go into the V+ recordings menu to go to V+ extras.  In there you can go to V+ extras and then the option to copy to DVD/VCR is in there.

However I have checked your account and can see you've already activated your TiVo® service and disconnected your V+HD box.  In order to access these menus you would have to reactivate your V+HD box to get access to the menus.

If you do wish to do this it would be great if you can give our Care team a call on 150.  It would mean you keeping hold of the V+HD box for 30 days as they would have to activate this as a 2nd box for you and this would cost £6.50 for the month only.  You can then close this down again once you no longer need it should you decide to follow this course of action.

I hope this helps and if there's anything else I can help with for you then please let me know

Cheers 

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Only problem with the above is the OP only has one coax connection between the 2 boxes, so would either need the splitter kit sent out, or would have to continually swap the boxes in order to stop them having authorisation or loss of TV Guide issues. 

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Good point well made Smiley Happy

It's not an ideal solution but the box needs to be reconnected by us if the recordings are to be accessed. It's a bit of a one off suggestion simply to try to get access to the recordings so they could be stripped if the customer has the recorder to use to do this. We can send a signal to refresh the service once the TiVo® box is reconnected again if they wanted to.

I really appreciate your help on this  nodrogd, thanks Smiley Happy

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos