Menu
stuey2510
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

traffic management

since around feb 5th. ive been stopped from using catch-up, on demand, series link+ and tv anywhere. I cant seem to get any sense out of people I speak to when this is due to get back to normal because it Is very frustrating.  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: traffic management

Except for customers on packages below 30Mb , VM no longer uses traffic management.

https://my.virginmedia.com/traffic-management/traffic-management-policy-30Mb-or-higher.html

TiVO boxes have their own modem which 1) uses a different system to your hub to connect to the internet. 2) Is not counted toward your internet use even if you are traffic managed.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi, what type of box do you have and do you have any problems with normal recordings and live tv.

What happens when you try to use any of these?

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media do apply traffic management to all customers, but they now apply it based on upload usage rather than download usage.

• Your speed is only reduced while the upload threshold is exceeded. So the speed reduction could only last as little as an hour as long as you reduce your uploads

https://my.virginmedia.com/traffic-management/traffic-management-policy-thresholds.html

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
stuey2510
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

just spent hour on phone none the wiser told me see if a ticket comes up by Monday, but this is been going on since feb.  all I know  got port TCP 80, 8080, 8081, 7288 and 7287 are all blocked and cant use catch-up on demand and series link +

0 Kudos
stuey2510
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

v6 box superhub 3(but problem was happening with 2ac) they are all fine just on demand and catch up  is the problem

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

In that case I don't think this is anything related to traffic management as that just slows you down it doesn't block ports.

I assume you have already restarted the router, etc - Obvious question, but worth asking.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
stuey2510
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

yea restarted it again and again. firewall not blocking them either.

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You have a hardware based firewall connected on your network prior to the network connection entering your TV box ?

-

0 Kudos
stuey2510
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

just the router firewall2017-03-04.png

0 Kudos