Menu
dchgv1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

tivo catchup freezes

Not Tivo box a week yet, programmes are slow to change and the bbc iplayer catchup freezes every few seconds making it unwatchable.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: tivo catchup freezes

Hi dchgv1,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue with the Catch Up service making your TiVo® box freeze.

Since posting, how have things been? 

Checking your account, everything is showing as online and working. I have sent some hits down the line to refresh everything though. We're running a little behind on the boards and only now reaching your thread so can you come back to us with an update on how things are. 

If you are still having issues then we can look in to this further for you Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
robjon
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I`ve had the same problem re: Tivo slow to respond (archaically slow sometimes). Complained to VM, same rubbish, try the update (doesn`t work) or upgrade to the V6. Why should customers` have to pay for a V6 box when the Tivo is prone to faults that VM know about but are incapable of resolving!!!!!!!!!! The cynic in me says that all VM are interested in now is to get as many people to sign up to the V6 box and sod anybody who has a problematic Tivo.
0 Kudos
dchgv1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

regards TiVo box, been ok for a few days, bbc iplayer worked once, today its terrible, tv guide not working, pressed home button it just has blank screen for 5 minutes, now have tv guide, now have another blank screen, can change channels with the ch button ok.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that you've experienced a similar issue robjon,

It may help to speed up the box by clearing the suggestions:

Home - Help & Settings - Clear or Reset TiVo box - Clear Thumb Ratings & Suggestions - Enter Pin - To proceed - press Thumbs Down three times and then "LAST Ch" button on the remote.

Let me know how you get on with this,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having trouble with your service dchgv1,

I've located your account and your equipment levels are displaying a high number of timeouts at present.

I'd like to arrange for one of our field engineers to come out and investigate this for you.

I've sent you a private message so that we can get this booked in.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos