Menu
peggysmum
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

tivo box deleting programmes

My tivo box has deleted half of my programmes this afternoon. Gone into the ether. the bin bit is empty too. So bloomin annoying. if i had known it was going to delete programmes half hour after it had been recorded i would have locked it but who  knew i needed to. thanks once again Virgin media useless as ever. Cant get rid of my spam and now you dump my programmes too. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Argy
Rising star
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: tivo box deleting programmes

Although (touch wood) I haven't had that issue on my Tivo (except once*), there are other items on the community where that has happened to others. If I recall correctly, there was an issue with the "Keep Until I Delete" option being ignored if the Tivo was above a certain percentage full.

I know that doesn't help you, but on the one occasion I did have this issue, I just turned the Tivo off at the mains, waited 60 seconds, then rebooted it. The "lost" programmes came back again. Never did find out why.

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi peggysmum,

Thanks for coming by.

I'm sorry to hear that some of your recordings have gone missing.  I just wanted to pop by and let you know that some of the programmes you recorded maybe available via On Demand.  You can check via our On Demand Guide, I hope all is not lost for you.

I know this isn't the ideal work around to catch up on the programmes you want to watch.  It's also worth reviewing your recording settings via HOME > HELP & SETTINGS > SETTINGS > RECORDINGS > DEFAULT RECORDING OPTIONS, just to make sure they are set to the options you are happy with.

If it does happen again, please let me know.  I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Argy
Rising star
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Although (touch wood) I haven't had that issue on my Tivo (except once*), there are other items on the community where that has happened to others. If I recall correctly, there was an issue with the "Keep Until I Delete" option being ignored if the Tivo was above a certain percentage full.

I know that doesn't help you, but on the one occasion I did have this issue, I just turned the Tivo off at the mains, waited 60 seconds, then rebooted it. The "lost" programmes came back again. Never did find out why.

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.