Menu
nanny6
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

the wire from the tv to the connections is not long enough forme to move the tv,any ideas who to get in t

i would like to move my tv to the to the other side of the room,but the cable is not long enough,any ideas on how to solve the problem.

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: the wire from the tv to the connections is not long enough forme to move the tv,any ideas who to get

nanny6 wrote:

i would like to move my tv to the to the other side of the room,but the cable is not long enough,any ideas on how to solve the problem.

there's only one solution:  a longer cable .

You do understand that the virgin cable does not go to the TV it goes to the V box or Tivo box?

so leave that where it is, & buy a longer cable to go  FROM there TO your TV,. Duh...............................................

or for only £99 , Virgin will extend THEIR Cable for you

0 Kudos
nanny6
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: the wire from the tv to the connections is not long enough forme to move the tv,any ideas who to get

i am a pensioner own my own,and i just wanted some advice not your sarcasm,if this is how you treat people on your site i certainly will not use it again!

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The reply above was from another customer, not a Virgin employee.

The cost to extend the white cable that goes from the wall to the TV box is however correct.

The alternative is to leave the box where it is & move the TV. Most modern TV's use HDMI cables which are available in various lengths.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
nanny6
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

thank you for reply,it was good to get a proper answer to my question

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

his answer was same as mine - get a longer cable - he just said it nicer.

you can add your own longer cable from the Virgin box to yourTV, and not touch the white virgin cable at all. 

but remember you will sitll have to point the virgin remote at the virgin box, not at your tv  to then change channel etc

virgin will charge you £99 to fit a longer virgin cable

0 Kudos
Stu40
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just buy yourself some cable and 2 f connectors and f connector barrel available from marlins and run to your tv

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Stu40 wrote:

Just buy yourself some cable and 2 f connectors and f connector barrel available from marlins and run to your tv

that is a workable solution only for someone who understands cable types and knows exactly what to buy and how to install it

technically you are not supposed to mess with virgin equipment and that includes taking out  their cable and fitting your own

I don't think the OP is a cable expert, & it's £99 to get it fixed if he breaks it.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Stu40 wrote:

Which is no doubt the cause of a lot of noise ingress & performance issues on the network through people using freeview or satellite cable which is the wrong standard.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos