Menu
JayDee5
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

taking feed upstairs

Hi,

I'm having broadband installed next Friday morning, but I've recently decided I'd like to add TV services to my account too. 

Would I be able to extend the feed to run upstairs (as that's where I'd be having the TV box) and would the engineer be able to do this for me at the same time in preparation for my box coming, or if not, would it be possible to extend the feed upstairs at all?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: taking feed upstairs

If you change or add services, any changes to Virgins network feed arrangement will automatically be included in the cost. You need to get back in touch with sales & get this added to your order, or you could end up paying 2 install fees.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
JayDee5
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Would I be able to cancel this separately (within the cooling off period obviously) or would I have to cancel the entire contract in one if I decided against keeping the TV? I can't think I would want to get rid but I'm interested to know.

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

an installer places the equipment where you want it., if you want the hub in one location and the tivo somewhere else, that should be covered at no extra charge

think about it - it would be daft to put a router under the TV! , that needs to be central + high for best wifi signal, whereas the Tivo needs to be close to the screen you will be watching on

our first install of both had the devices two rooms apart & the Vm engineer ran the necessary extra cabling & drilled through the internal walls for us.

often they will keep that all outside though, & run  separate cables from their external box around the outside of the house & into the relevent rooms for hub, TV, phone... as needed

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

JayDee5 wrote:

Would I be able to cancel this separately (within the cooling off period obviously) or would I have to cancel the entire contract in one if I decided against keeping the TV? I can't think I would want to get rid but I'm interested to know.

If you add another service, this will also affect the amount of total discount you get, so the resulting contract change covers all services for whatever 12 or 18 month initial period was agreed.

As I say if you want to add TV at your initial install, you need to contact VM asap & get the job card changed, or you will be paying more to get it installed seperately later.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi JayDee5,

Welcome to the Community!

As nodrogd has said, you'll need to give our team a call on 150 so they can add the TV package to the order.

Let us know how the install goes!

All the best  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos