Menu
kamb
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

switching provider and ensure no loss of services

How soon should I inform current provider, Talk talk, I'm getting Virgin installed, due 30 Nov, in order to minimise any loss of services (broadband, phone or TV)?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: switching provider and ensure no loss of services

My advice would be to not cancel your existing services until Virgin is installed. With them using a totally separate network, there can be unforeseen issues with cabling or ducting that can take a time to fix. Once you are up & running you can then cancel your other providers services. If however you are transferring your landline number to Virgin, do not cancel your phone service, as a disconnection order will stop the transfer. This part of the process must be handled through Virgin.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Kam

The most common issue that can occur is either your current provider disconnecting you early or a delay with installing your new service, so I wouldn't worry too much about this happening.

I'd contact TT to say you've agreed a service with another provider and that as you've requested to bring your number, we'll sort that out for you. They'll be able to give you advice regarding how their system works and the best way in order to ensure there'll be no loss of serviceMan Happy

Hope this helps

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

My advice would be to not cancel your existing services until Virgin is installed. With them using a totally separate network, there can be unforeseen issues with cabling or ducting that can take a time to fix. Once you are up & running you can then cancel your other providers services. If however you are transferring your landline number to Virgin, do not cancel your phone service, as a disconnection order will stop the transfer. This part of the process must be handled through Virgin.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
kamb
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Er, ok, but just spoken to someone in a high street shop of yours, and they advised me to advise TalkTalk ASAP...please advise

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi kamb

Welcome to the Community, looking at this solely from minimising any potential  loss of service then nodrogds advice is correct.

Although, it's always nice to keep people updated regarding your plans:manhappy, in my opinion. Are you requesting you bring your telephone number with you at all?

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
kamb
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Craig.  Yes, want to take same landline tel no. with us.

So how I put it to TT that I'm switching?!

Kam

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Kam

The most common issue that can occur is either your current provider disconnecting you early or a delay with installing your new service, so I wouldn't worry too much about this happening.

I'd contact TT to say you've agreed a service with another provider and that as you've requested to bring your number, we'll sort that out for you. They'll be able to give you advice regarding how their system works and the best way in order to ensure there'll be no loss of serviceMan Happy

Hope this helps

Craig

0 Kudos