Menu
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

sounds dropping low whilst flicking through tv guide listings

im flicking through the tv guide listings and getting near to the bottom of listings and the sound is dropping and the tivo sound affects cant hear the effects whilst flicking through listings i know we have more tv issues looking at status board checking diagnostics out 79% agc signal level and snr reading 44 db and other signal agc reading is 54 and agc 40 db agc signal level its allways been on 79 ever since sometimes it changes the first signal level anything reading the rest seems fine at moment but the tv sound affects were dropping 

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: sounds dropping low whilst flicking through tv guide listings

watching 343 vintage the sound is poor and breaks up not great picture
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hey Jonathanlouis

Sorry to hear about these issues, I've run some tests on the service from our end for you and there are no errors being detected at the moment.

Does this happen every time you browse the TV guide? You mention it happens towards the bottom, could you go into more detail regarding what point it starts, how long it lasts for and exactly what's happening?

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

hi craig it might have been friday night when it was playing up it seems to start well at beginning as you get further down the list off channels thats when the noise changes like special effects when it bleeps and the sound dropped a bit and you couldnt hear it because it was getting more quite i would say a few hours and vintage channel was poor any way on that night picture was poor but ill run another check again today to see if its picked up it might be down to more tv issues on status thanks again craig from jonni

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response jonathanlouis

I hope this was a one off? Or have you been experiencing this since your last post?

Looking at the box again this morning we're still not detecting any issues with the box, I'd love to hear how it's going on your end.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

There was a pink message after i switched it off then back on it was on vintage 343 reading were detecting signal issues on this channel please ring in but I found the same message on drama asked terri what is was she said there was no issues on that channel but it was tuner fault ages a go if there was issues on vintage linked any reason it's gone now message on vintage
0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yesterday channel issues pink message signal issues I think vintage was down jonni thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jonni :0

Thank you for your message Smiley Happy

I am sorry to see that there was a message on the TiVo on Sunday, I have been looking into the account and the TiVo is running well with no signs of errors or outages.

Can you tell me if this is still happening? If not, that's great!

All the best.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

why would these messages pop up even though there is no signal issues on channel but if there is thats why there blocking the channel so it gets sorted or is the fault on your side i do seem to get them ocasionally if the channel is down
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello jonni,

Sorry to hear you're still experiencing issues with your Virgin box.

Is this happening on certain channels or is it random? Sometimes glitches can happen or there can be temporary issues with the service but most of the time it's nothing to worry about because as long as it corrects itself or it's not continuous then there shouldn't be any problems.

If these issues keep happening and it's interfering with you trying to watch TV then let us know and we can send someone out to check it over for you if you would like.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos