Menu
RDW
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

slow load

Ok, I'm new to cable - never had it before. Finally had Virgin installed last week and so far not impressed. Even getting to the point where it's loaded and I can pick a channel takes 5 or 10 minutes - surely this can't be right. Can't find a way to speak to someone at Virgin so any help from the community would be appreciated. 

I know that I could perhaps leave my box on and it might load quicker but the box is SO noisy (also another big disappointment) that I don't want to leave it on....and it doesn't feel right to leave it on standby all the time anyway.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: slow load

Hi RDW,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry that you are having problems with your digital television service. Apologies as well for the delay in getting back to you.

I have checked this for you and can see that you have been in touch with us already. Were we able to get this problem resolved for you? I've been able to run testing on your line to your equipment and everything looks good. 

Please let me know how you're getting on with the service now.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The TiVo is designed to be left on permanently, if it's switched off it can't record for a start!

Leaving it turned off can also cause problems with it doing the updates it needs to.

0 Kudos
RDW
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you!

I'm a bit of an idiot with this stuff. I didn't realise it had to stay on.

But now I do and all is good!

Thanks so much

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi RDW,

Glad to hear everything is all right.

The Community is always here to help so don't be a stranger!

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos