Menu
mart099
Settling in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

sky magic eye and tv aerial coax cable

I am planning to move from sky to vm.  I use magic eye to second tv form sky box using coax tv aerial cable.  if i replace sky box with vm tivo how can I pipe tv from the tivo box over the coax aerial cable to the tv upstairs?  Also it needs to be able to control the tivo as the magic eye does with sky over aerial coax.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: sky magic eye and tv aerial coax cable

None of Virgins boxes except for the very oldest models have RF outputs, so you will need an RF modulator connected to the Scart output of the TiVO. I have been using one of these (link) to drive a TV set in my kitchen for several years now, & it comes highly recommended.

I've never had the need to add an IR extender, but perhaps other contributors can recommend.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
mart099
Settling in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply nodrogd - couple of additional questions re this
1) Does that allow me to use the remote control as well from second TV or do I need Marmitek PowerMid XL infrared extender set?
2) If I connect this to SCART on TivO can I also connect HDMI to the TV local to the TIVO?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

1) As I said, never used IR extenders, so cant really answer.

2) Yes. The TiVO outputs to both HDMI & Scart at the same time.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
mart099
Settling in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

thanks again - how do you control the set top box from the other room then. I guess you dont and just recieve a picture only?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Stick the remote round the door. The Virgin box is only round the corner in the next room. Not very high tech I know, but it suffices.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

0 Kudos
mart099
Settling in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

lol
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If you have a smart phone or a tablet, there are other possibilities for controlling a TiVO:

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1001&PARTITION_ID=1&secureFl...

SU1617jpeg.jpg

0 Kudos