Menu
nico63
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

sky Movie add on activated on my account without me knowing...

Hi all

I've had a Sky movie subscription (27£/month) added up to my Virgin Media bills since the 17th of May 2017. I never subscribed to this option, never watched anything on Sky, but I did not pay attention to the hike in the bills until now and called Virgin media to enquire. Their answer was that I had set up this add on myself on my Tivo box and there was nothing they could do (or refund)! Well, sorry, no way - I don't even know how to set up this add on in the first place,  ...

So here's my theory, and I would like to know if this might have happened to anyone in the community: my Tivo box was malfunctioning and a Virgin engineer came home to replac it with a reconditioned one (that is still malfunctioning by the way, but the perspective of having to spend another hour on the phone to book another engineer put me off from taking any action) on the 17th of April 2017 - notice the coincidence in the dates? One month precisely before I was charged the Sky Movie add on on my bill! I suspect a Sky movie trial (I noticed reading at some posts there was a one month free offer at some point), or something equivalent, was active on the reconditioned Tivobox I was given.

OK, now your turn... Has this happened to anyone, is that even possible when a replacement box is provided, or shall I blame my 3-year old kids for playing with the Tivo? In any case, I am looking at alternative providers now and think I should just get rid of the TV service, which is useless.

Nico

0 Kudos
nico63
Joining in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: sky Movie add on activated on my account without me knowing...

Actually, correction: I started to be charged 2 months (not one as previously stated) after the visit, on the 17th of June. So... a 2 month free Sky movie offer pre-installed on the Tivo box, possibly?

0 Kudos