Menu
janetochs
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

service

One and half hours on the phone to try and resolve an issue caused by one of your engineers is not acceptable. The original
"service"/techinical engineer had to have things repeated to him at least seven times and could not understand that it was not a tivo box, as 2 boxes in one address and 2 boxes at a new install address had all lost the same channels (free channels not ones you pay for) and this only occurred after a engineer had been in the inspection section this afternoon.
Then to be told no one would be available to fix this is until the weekend at the earliest and if I want to speak to a manager in the UK it has to be done at 10 o'clock India time. I was not aware until this point that I had been talking to someone in India. The floor manager in India could not even give us the name, address, telephone number or email of who to complain too as they do not have internet access.
When I moved to Virgin Media I was assured of a good service better than Sky who I was with, I am now not sure about this as Sky always resolved issues within 24hours.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: service

The TV service is very reliable, & is not affected by the weather (I was with Sky for a while). However, when things do go wrong on the local network with Virgin, they can take a little longer to fix, as there can be up to 1km of coax cabling & several street cabinets between you & the optical node in your section of cable, as opposed to a few metres & a satellite dish.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
CanonAxe
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

What's the deal if you have been without a Virgin service since yesterday? there is a fault in our area which means we've had no service from about 16:00 and it's not due to be resolved until 18:05 tonight. Do Virgin give a refund or do we just have to suck it up.

Costing me money having to work from a coffee shop.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

hi Janetochs

Welcome to the Community, I'm so sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your phone line at the moment. 

I've been able to check your account and can see the network fault was closed, hopefully that means you're able to use your TV as you want?

If that's not the case, let me know and I'll take another look at your individual set top box right away. Sorry again for the inconvenience this has caused.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos