Menu
Nicola711
Joining in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

reduce package

Can I reduce package online. Paying around £70 month for 50mb broadband and Xl tv struggling to pay. Internet not even good always get disconnected. For money not worth it.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: reduce package

As far as I know you can only reduce your packages over the phone.

I would also suggest you might be better off on a bundle including phone as this will bring the price down.

If you call in (i can't remember the options) talk to the team on the option for thinking of leaving us and thay will hopefully give you a good deal (depends on who you get on the phone).

The website seems to be down at the moment I am typing this but the BK bundle is 65.99 pm.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
Nicola711
Joining in
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I checked it out but they want 50installation fee due to tivo and phone line installation.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Have you called faults with regard to the poor internet performance? Connection issues can be detected remotley, & are usually easily resolved. Packages without a phone line dont attract any Broadband discounts so you will be hammered for not having one.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Nicola711
Joining in
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Yes they were out months ago at that point I was only on 30mb the guy said tablets don't give you good connection, I have since had a new laptop and still same issues. I have moved modem reset ran scans but still having same issues. I will call them when I get a moment need to do something with package. Thanks
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Only a wired connection will get you the full speed, as WiFi has to compete with all your neighbours WiFi routers. I get 107Mb down on my wired Desktop PC. On my iPad I'm lucky to get 25 - 30Mb down even with the iPad right next to the router. Changing suppliers wont help you if the WiFi in your area is swamped with existing users.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Nicola711
Joining in
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

What do you mean by wired connection do you mean plug the blue cable into laptop for full connection
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Yep! Direct connection to the router via ethernet, & the only connection Virgin will accept for test purposes.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

0 Kudos
Nicola711
Joining in
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I will try that for the moment. Bit of a pain though having to plug it in. I'm hoping I can haggle on phone and possibly get big kahuna bundle with free installation the internet speed is over 100 on that I think and it might help as well as its cheaper than what I'm paying just now
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nicola711

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

I've taken a look at your account and found some alternative options which for you which could be self installed on a special deal this month with no set up fee, if you'd be interested in giving our Care team another call back.

Regarding the Big Kahuna Bundle, the costs monthly are £65.99 per month as quoted and that is based on a customer having one set top box ( a TiVo® service), TV XL, phone M, and broadband XXL  (the 152Mb) and the customer on a Direct Debit.  All details on this pack can be found here

You can include extras or pay with alternative methods but this may alter the monthly fee quoted above.

It would be great if you could give our Care team a call and maybe look at the other option I stored for your information if you are interested.  You can reach them on 150 or 0345 454 1111 from any other line.

Thanks again

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos