Menu
shaunie72
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

recording/transferring programmes from V+ box

Hi

Is there a way of getting a programme from a V+ box onto another recording device eg: VHS, recordable DVD, USB?

I have three programmes that my son is in and want to keep them but want to upgrade to a Tivo box.

Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: recording/transferring programmes from V+ box

The only way is to transfer in analogue via the VCR Scart on the back of the V+. You will either need an old fashioned VCR or a DVD recorder attached. You can also stream the recording to a PC or laptop if it has an analogue video capture card & software.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes, you can attach a recording device to the SCART out of V+ and then copy these programs across.

V+ has a menu function to do this. Unfortunately, I no longer have a V+ to advise the detail but I'm sure you'll be able to work it out when you are in front of the V+ or someone else will come along and help further.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ernie_C wrote:

Yes, you can attach a recording device to the SCART out of V+ and then copy these programs across.

V+ has a menu function to do this. Unfortunately, I no longer have a V+ to advise the detail but I'm sure you'll be able to work it out when you are in front of the V+ or someone else will come along and help further.

There are 2 options. One is to play back a recording & just hit record on the kit you are using to copy. The other is to use the separate copy function in the "V+ Extras" menu that allows you to copy in the background while using the V+ for other things. Both methods will however only copy in "real time".

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile