Menu
lindzi
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

reboot - unknown

Hi
I have a v+ and a v hd box. When I came home from work the v hd box wasn't working so unplugged it and rebooted the box. Upon checking the 'technical stuff' it appears to have 'reboot - unknown' 7 times today.

My v+ box has 'timeout on receiving NIT' 4 times today along with a 'failed to get time of day'.

Any ideas what this is all about and what is NIT?

thank you!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: reboot - unknown

My first thought is network maintenance has interrupted your services during the day. If everything is working ok now you have nothing to worry about. The box is not receiving the Network Identifcation Table, which is what I would expect if the downstream connection is interrupted. Once the connection is restored everything should return to normal.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
lindzi
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: reboot - unknown

Thank you, yes both boxes are working fine now so all good.

The V+ box timeout NIT issue has been going on for months but I have not called virgin as I assume I will lose my recordings and just be given another refurb box. I have used a tivo at a friends house and I have to say that I wasn't very impressed with it. Maybe if there is a next generation tivo I will check that out but not wanting one for now.

0 Kudos