Menu
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

racing channel subscription big kahuna package

im flicking through channels and came across this certain one channel 536 should this become free on my xl package which is now kahuna it was available for a few days but now its gone on to subscription any answers please from jonni i do flick through certain channels and think why as that gone subscription when it should be free through big kahuna 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: racing channel subscription big kahuna package

Hi Jonnie

Thanks for posting, and messaging, re the channel line up on the Big Kahuna Bundle and the Racing UK channel on 536  Smiley Happy

Racing UK is a premium channel and not part of the XL package.  What happens with some of the premium channels such as Racing UK, LFC TV  etc  is they allow a free to air showing of these channels every now and then, usually over a weekend period, to allow all customers to view them, giving them a taster session of what they carry.

Kind of a 'try before you buy'  option Smiley Happy

If a customer really likes the channel it prompts them to give us a call when it stops scheduling and they can then choose to opt in to subscribe at cost for those channels if they wish to continue watching them.

I hope that helps explain this and let me know if there is anything else I can help with Jonnie, I'm always happy to help Smiley Happy

Cheers

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Tags (1)
tatty
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How far behind the live action are these pictures on this racing channel?

I like to have an interest during a race but that would be out of the question if the pictures are too much time delayed.

Is the picture delay on a par with RUK on Sky or if not, is there anything Virgin can do to speed the pictures up?

I'm sure there would be more subscribers including me for the channel if that happened.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

tatty wrote:
How far behind the live action are these pictures on this racing channel?

I like to have an interest during a race but that would be out of the question if the pictures are too much time delayed.

Is the picture delay on a par with RUK on Sky or if not, is there anything Virgin can do to speed the pictures up?

I'm sure there would be more subscribers including me for the channel if that happened.

Virgin takes its feed from the Astra satellite, just as Sky's customers do. There are no other delays added.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos