Menu
peterwf
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

"Pixillating" On Demand Channel 4 only

P1010822i.jpgWhen I get any "On Demand" program on Channel 4, the programme looks OK until the first advertising break. Then the picture breaks up as shown. If I scroll through the rest of the programme, the picture is clear for the adverts only, "pixellated" as shown for the rest of the programme. Other channels such as BBC iPlayer and iITV are not affected.

I receive programmes through a Humax HDR-1000S recorder.

Can anbody explain why this happens, and any solution?P1010823i.jpg

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: "Pixillating" On Demand Channel 4 only

The Virgin Media box which supplies your TV, and therefore the on demand content; assumed as you're posting in a Virgin Media TV Help Forum.

However as you don't have one, I'd suggest your first port of call should be either Channel 4, or Humax as it seems to be their box which is having the issues.

Can you watch 4OD via any other means in the house to confirm it's not the internet connection.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

What happens when you plug the VM box straight into the TV?

To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
peterwf
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying, PrinterElf.

I don't know what a VM box is; the Humax recorder is plugged into my TV, and processes (a) the Freesat signal, (b) On Demand internet signals via Cat 5 cable from my Virgin router, and (c) recorded programmes, as required.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The Virgin Media box which supplies your TV, and therefore the on demand content; assumed as you're posting in a Virgin Media TV Help Forum.

However as you don't have one, I'd suggest your first port of call should be either Channel 4, or Humax as it seems to be their box which is having the issues.

Can you watch 4OD via any other means in the house to confirm it's not the internet connection.

0 Kudos
peterwf
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

PrinterElf, thanks for your interest.
I contacted Channel 4, and they said they are aware of the problem with Humax recorders and are working to resolve it; so I will just have to wait until they do!
I can watch on my PC, but the picture resolution is not as good. In full screen it's distinctly fuzzy.
0 Kudos