Menu
Ray64
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

programme guide viewing

Hi all

New to Virgin everything set up and working ok but the print in the "programme guide" is very small and blurred.

Have spent ages going through the help/settings and settings menus and cannot find anywhere, where I can vary the amount of content or size of text.

Have been through the "video output options" (tv and tivo) numerous times and nothing changes.

On the sub menu's where there is less information it is fine, as the print defaults to a larger size.

For info. it was fine with previous provider TalkTalk and also when on Freeview in the interim.

Any suggestions please

Ray

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: programme guide viewing

Ah, that will be why - the TiVo menus have been optimised for viewing on an HD display. The sub-menus you're referring to are the only ones which haven't been updated to HD.

Have you been through the video output test and forced it to display 576 only?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I would suggest a new Full HD TV (4K/UHD is a waste atm) , connected to the TiVo via HDMI would solve your issues.

Not too exorbitant atm either. I think £250-300 from Curry's for a 40" Full HD set.

To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Which box do you have, what make & model of TV, and how are you connecting the two together?

0 Kudos
Ray64
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Tivo 500

Toshiba 36ZP18Q

Scart Lead

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ah, that will be why - the TiVo menus have been optimised for viewing on an HD display. The sub-menus you're referring to are the only ones which haven't been updated to HD.

Have you been through the video output test and forced it to display 576 only?

0 Kudos
Ray64
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Yes, it tests them all and defaults to the 576i. Does this mean a new TV if I want to see the guide clearly (it's getting on, like me!)

Have another problem now have been continuously playing around with it trying to fix the former and have now lost all sound!

It's not the mute buttons on either TV Or Tivo again any suggestions, please.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I would suggest a new Full HD TV (4K/UHD is a waste atm) , connected to the TiVo via HDMI would solve your issues.

Not too exorbitant atm either. I think £250-300 from Curry's for a 40" Full HD set.

0 Kudos
Ray64
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for advice, HWMBO will be pleased, fortunately managed to overcome the sound problem in the short term had changed scart lead socket in the course of earlier investigations, just changed it back and bingo sound!

Thanks for you support

RAY

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi yes printerelf is right, we don't want to spend somebody else's money but in order to enjoy the virgin service to its full capabilities a more upto date tv connected with HDMI will give you great HD pictures & a clear text on epg etc. Regards Micky
0 Kudos