Menu
beeman1958
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

problems since neighbours installation

We have had problems with our TV and Broodband since Thursday 14/4/16.

The picture pixilates or freezes, the Internet keeps going down or runs slowly.

This all started within an hour of my next door neighbour having their system installed.

I phoned the helpline and was told that they are aware of the fault and it will

take a week to fix. I live in the PO8 postcode area.

Not impressed !

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: problems since neighbours installation

Hi there beenam1958, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm sorry to hear that I'm really sorry to hear of the troubles you've been getting with both the TV and broadband services. 

I've double checked things from this end, and whilst I can see that there is an issue with what is known as Signal to Noise ratio, this would affect things on your Broadband, and anything on your TiVo® that uses the built in modem - iPlayer, Netflix Youtube. This shouldn't really cause an issue with your broadcast TV. 

The fault reference with this fault is F004355800 and has an estimated fix time of 11pm on 22/04. 

However testing has also shown that the power levels to your TiVo® are quite low and this will cause the freezing and pixelating that you get. For this I'd need to look at getting a technician to call out and investigate further. I'll send you a private message in order to get things arranged. Please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once again.

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

All Replies
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there beenam1958, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm sorry to hear that I'm really sorry to hear of the troubles you've been getting with both the TV and broadband services. 

I've double checked things from this end, and whilst I can see that there is an issue with what is known as Signal to Noise ratio, this would affect things on your Broadband, and anything on your TiVo® that uses the built in modem - iPlayer, Netflix Youtube. This shouldn't really cause an issue with your broadcast TV. 

The fault reference with this fault is F004355800 and has an estimated fix time of 11pm on 22/04. 

However testing has also shown that the power levels to your TiVo® are quite low and this will cause the freezing and pixelating that you get. For this I'd need to look at getting a technician to call out and investigate further. I'll send you a private message in order to get things arranged. Please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once again.

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

beeman1958
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Huw.

The 22/4/16 isn't too far away. So hopefully things will soon be back to normal then.

It was just so strange that all the issues appeared to start within an hour of my neighbours installation.

It will be good to get my internet speed back 32 Mbps is OK but 150 Mbps is a lot more fun.

Regards

beeman1958

0 Kudos
beeman1958
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The Virgin media technician came out this morning and after checking my Tivo box and cables he has installed a signal booster on the cable to the Tivo box.

Everything looks good on the Television now.

Hopefully all is well now.

Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos