Menu
mark_a_carpente
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

on demand tv picture and sound breaking up yet again

oh what a surprise, on demand tv not working again .had this problem loads of times before but nobody ever seems to know why. there is never a fault found anytime a test is done and normal tv is fine, i'm convinced the problem is on the other end like some sort of server issue

when watching on demand tv the picture and sound keeps breaking up. you get artefacts, flashes of colour, blocks and lines all over the picture to the point it's unwatchable. it's like trying to watch freeview tv when you have basically no signal

does it at random, different programs, different times of the day. resetting the box makes no difference at all and it used to do the same thing with the old box.

It's funny how the randomly inserted adverts or the show you're trying to watch'es titles play fine but as soon as the program starts off it goes

it's irritating as you just never know if it's going to work or not when you want to watch something

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: on demand tv picture and sound breaking up yet again

Hi Mark_a_carpente,

Welcome back to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I'm sorry that you've been experiencing the TiVo On Demand issues you've mentioned here, I would really like to help and whilst I've been running some tests on the services and found no fault I can understand that this may still be ongoing. I would like to help remedy this situation and have sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Speak to you soon.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey Mark_a_carpente,

Thank you for coming in replying Smiley Happy

I can understand that when faults behave like this, it's frustrating. I would still like to help and send someone out as it may be something that the engineer can pick.

Please stay in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
mark_a_carpente
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

i thought this problem had gone away but seems to now be back

it was fine the last few weeks but it started pixelating etc again but it was borderline watchable so i perservered

after about 10 minutes of a particular episode it suddenly went back to being ok again

there is obviously something random going on, it seems strange that it only seems to affect certain episodes of certain programs, if i watch a previous episode for example it seems to not be a problem and the normal tv and broadband all work perfectly. if there was some connection issue i would expect everything to be affected or at least the normal tv but it only affects the on demand

I had this exact same problem several years ago with a different V box (old silver samsung) and they could never find anything wrong then either

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi marl_a_carpente

I'm sorry to learn about the continued problems you're experiencing with your On Demand service.

I've been able to run some tests on the set top box for you and we're detecting some slight issues with the set top box, although it's only slightly out of sync.

Are you getting the same error message each time? Do you notice the issue occur with the same program? Or from a certain On Demand provider?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos