Menu
MrAmillian
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

on demand and catch not working

Ive had virgin tv less than a week and so many problems.

The box upstairs should have on demand but when I select this option it says;

"Help is at Hand
We're sorry. This service is unavailable right now. Please try again later"

This has been since installation on the 13th Nov.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: on demand and catch not working

Hi MrAmillian, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you are having with trying to view the Catch Up and On Demand content. 

This isn't what we like to hear and I am more than happy to take a look at things for you. 

I've gone into the account and for some reason, your boxes are not showing up any stats at this end. I've sent some signal hits down the line to try and refresh things for you. Can you reboot your box and let me know once it's back on so we can check again for you Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
MrAmillian
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Did that last night over the phone with someone at virgin media. They said they would send an engineer out.

I mentioned I was also not informed I couldnt get youtube and netflix on both boxes which is something I specifically said I wanted. You colleague said that as an engineer was coming out anyway, ask him to swap to box for a tivo. I asked if there would be any charge and she said he would just swap it.

The engineer has confirmed that it not true and he cannot swap it today without a charge. He has also pointed out that the install has been done very poorly and will have to get his superviser out to look at it.

The start of this relationship is extremely poor and Im strongly considering exercising my right to cancel within 30 days of install and returning to Sky. Although that will be difficult as your engineer has cut into the sky cables rather that lay your own cables. This is the main reason for the lack of connection for on demand.

NOT GOOD!!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi MrAmillian,

Thank you for your prompt reply and I'm sorry that one of the team hasn't been back to you sooner. 

I'd like to apologise for the mixup and confusion with the engineer, if the fault existed and there was an issue proven with the hardware then the TiVo would have been swapped over FOC.

I hope that he was able to adjust the setup there as if the setup wasn't done correctly they would be able to step in and help.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do and let me know how the visit went when they got back in touch.

Take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
MrAmillian
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The engineer came out and was appalled at the original install. He swapped the v+ box for another v+ box which has allowed us to get on demand but we still cannot record anything. He said this may be because of the terrible (and unsafe) way the install was done. The new v+ box is also a lot louder. We now have to switch this off at the back to go to sleep. Not good!!!

The engineers superviser came out on Saturday and said he'll get the install done again using virgin cables (not the existing sky cables) and said I would need to speak to customer services about the tivo upstairs.

At this point, my wife and I are ready to leave and exercise our right to cancel within 30 days. Although I would need to pay for the Sky engineer to fix what your installer did.

The only way I would reconsider staying would be a complete reinstall done properly with cables tacked around the side of the building as Sky did and a Tivo box upstairs as requested when signing up and promised when complaining the other day.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi MrAmillian,

Thank you for your detailed reply, after reading it I can only assume that this hasn't been what you've wanted and it's a thought shared here. I'm glad that the engineer has made arrangements to resolve this on the installation side.

I'm afraid I'm a little stuck in the terms of the Installation of a TiVo, however if you give our team a call on 150/ 0345 454 1111 and explain the situation, one of the team will be able to help. 

I hope and look forward to seeing this issue sorted for you soon.

Thank you.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos