Menu
3hug3
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

no tv since tuesdays storms when we had a massive near miss which caused a loud pop from the tivo box.

no tv since Tuesdays storms IN DY3 3AF and no engineer until Monday 19th. we had a massive near miss which knocked out our tv service completely, only thing we get is HDMI1 &  NO SIGNAL in the information bar,  same result if I switch to HDMI2. There was a loud pop from the Tivo box concurrent with the near miss. Virgin have sent several searches to my Tivo all coming back as OK. Virgin said they have 350 similar calls in the DY3 area but I have yet to find anyone else with no tv. Any ideas, could it be the HDMI cable, tv is ok can play dvds  through my dvd player and broadband is fine.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: no tv since tuesdays storms when we had a massive near miss which caused a loud pop from the tivo box

There are known issues with HDMI outputs getting fried on TiVO boxes during storms. If you have a TV that still has a SCART socket, you will probably find this still works for the time being. The box will show up as no faults as there is no internal testing beyond the decoder section.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: no tv since tuesdays storms when we had a massive near miss which caused a loud pop from the tivo box

There are known issues with HDMI outputs getting fried on TiVO boxes during storms. If you have a TV that still has a SCART socket, you will probably find this still works for the time being. The box will show up as no faults as there is no internal testing beyond the decoder section.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

3hug3
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much, just switched scart lead from dvd player to TiVo box and away we go. if the issue is well known you would have thought virgins advisor would have given me this option to try, the engineer would then know what to do when he arrives on Monday. New TiVo box I suppose, hope he's got one on the van haha the way my luck's going I wouldn't bet on it.

0 Kudos