Menu
lsjmom
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

new v+ remote needed

Hi I need to request a new remote control for my V+ box please.The remote has completely stopped working even after replacing the batteries and switching the V+ box off and on again.  Many thanks. Pauline

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: new v+ remote needed

You should call into 150 and report a TV fault (option 2) - replacement remotes aren't issued via the community here

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
lsjmom
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, but by the time I am home from work the lines are stupidly busy, and waiting in the queue is too frustrating. I'm hoping someone from Virgin will pick this up, as I have seen other posts where they have sent out replacements from forum requests.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

lsjmom wrote:
Thanks, but by the time I am home from work the lines are stupidly busy, and waiting in the queue is too frustrating. I'm hoping someone from Virgin will pick this up, as I have seen other posts where they have sent out replacements from forum requests.

They cannot and it isn't possible, here's one staff post for example confirming it: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV/I-would-like-a-replacement-remote-control-but-could-not-find-...

Even if you're put on hold, the call is 100% free, so leave it ringing and do other things in the mean time until someone picks up.

When you're at work you can try asking for a replacement via the Contact Us page - but it is very busy usually and hours for the TV support is 9AM to 5PM: http://contact.virginmedia.com/ -> TV -> Help with my remote control. Click Chat Online. You'll need to use a desktop or laptop device to access the page. When it says all agents are busy reload the page in intervals of 3 minutes or so and check again. Or leave the page open until you get a chat prompt.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Oh and if you aren't aware, you can setup Smartcall on one of your IOS/Android phones and call from 150 from that. So you could use that to call 150 when you are not home. This link will take you to the Smartcall page: http://virg.co/smartcall (sign in required)

- - - - - -
0 Kudos
lsjmom
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

ahh ok, that's very helpful of you, it's never easy trying to get through any time of day, I will try calling first thing tomorrow if the online chat doesnt pick up. Many thanks for the info, I suppose perserverance is the answer.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

lsjmom wrote:
ahh ok, that's very helpful of you, it's never easy trying to get through any time of day, I will try calling first thing tomorrow if the online chat doesnt pick up. Many thanks for the info, I suppose perserverance is the answer.

I routinely get stuck in 20-40 minute queues when using one of the fault report options, so I know the annoyance it can be. Thankfully the calls are free, if they weren't, I wouldn't be happy at all Cat LOL

- - - - - -
0 Kudos