Menu
sportagegirl
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

new v plus hd box?

Hi I have been a high paying virgin customer for years and have been very happy with the service but I have had the original hd box since day one so how can I get an upgrade to a Samsung box if my own isn't broken?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: new v plus hd box?

It's not clear what box you currently have.

Is it a V HD, non-recording box, or a V+ HD, recording box?

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It's not clear what box you currently have.

Is it a V HD, non-recording box, or a V+ HD, recording box?

0 Kudos
sportagegirl
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Its a v plus hd box original.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

...so it's a recording box and I assume it is the Scientific Atlanta variant as you are suggesting that you would like to change it for the Samsung variant.

If it is indeed a Scientific Atlanta V+ HD that you have, there is currently a program to replace this with a TiVo box and you should have been advised how to go about getting this to happen.

0 Kudos
sportagegirl
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes it is and I have tivo on my multiroom but don't like it much.Just wanted to change my hd plus for a newer model not tivo
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

...then your best chance of doing that, if it is possible, is to have a chat with Customer Relations aka Retentions.

They are a UK group, best contacted weekday mornings. Call 150 from your Virgin Media landline or Virgin Mobile or 0345 454 1111. Choose option 1 initially to get through to Virgin Media then option 4 then 5.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

sportagegirl wrote:
Yes it is and I have tivo on my multiroom but don't like it much.Just wanted to change my hd plus for a newer model not tivo

If you get a Samsung V+, I can assure you it will be far from new. These boxes last rolled off the production line 6 years ago, so all the ones being installed as fault replacements (for existing Samsung V+s which is the only way you will get one), have gone through the refurb shop several times.

You would be better off with a TiVO. The swapout from a SA V+ box is currently free. Swapout from a Samsung box is chargeable, & subject to a rental increase.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos