Menu
bobzabilda
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

new tivo box keeps losing signal

I was out of contract with virgin and looking for a better deal, the virgin call centre agreed to upgrade my broadband speed and send me a tivo box to replace the current virgin tv box as a better option.

I received ny new tivo box on 30 november. In the last 3 weeks the box loses signal on a daily basis. I have contacted customer services and they just say switch the box off and turn it back on again!! This is rubbish!! I never used the old box, and relied on my tv freeview. I thought i would give the tivo box a go and have used this since installing however as it keeps losing a signal, often when i switch channels and then return the previous channel a few minutes later, i am beginning to think its a total load of crap. The call centre say they are running checks from their end, ask me to check cables i checked the day before, unplug it, plug it back in, then sit back and wait 10 minutes while the tivo box decides to update itself. Have to say i am not a happy bunny and the customer service is rubbish. I dont leave my tv on standby all night, maybe i am being too safety conscious so the tv and tivo box automatically switch off together each evening. Should i just tell virgin to take this box back ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: new tivo box keeps losing signal

The TiVo needs to be powered at the mains (this can include on standby), all the time. This is so that it can download software updates, EPG updates, and perform other general maintenance when needed.

The issues you're having could be signal related, but they could also be related to repeatedly turning the box off at the wall.

If they still persist having left the box powered for 72hrs, then ring in and get a tech visit booked.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos