Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12 (1,452 Views)

new channel

With the new Free sports channel starting in a few days the only viewing platform that is not apparently showing this channel is virgin media. As this channel is going to be showing a lot programming that I want watch i'd like to know if Virgin Media is going to be showing this channel 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 2 of 12 (1,436 Views)

Re: new channel

According to Freesports.tv website this channel will be coming to VM in the near future.

VM usually uses the broadcasters satellite feed to distribute standard definition channels. However Freesports still don't have this feed up & running for the necessary tests required on the cable network, so hence there may be a delay in VM taking the channel.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Superuser
Message 3 of 12 (1,400 Views)

Further info.

The launch of this channel is likely to be delayed on both Virgin & Freesat platforms due to technical issues with the satellite hub.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Just joined
Message 4 of 12 (779 Views)

[ Edited ]

double posted.

nodrogd wrote:

Further info.

The launch of this channel is likely to be delayed on both Virgin & Freesat platforms due to technical issues with the satellite hub.

0 Kudos
Just joined
Message 5 of 12 (777 Views)

nodrogd wrote:

Further info.

This just shows how far behind the other providers Virgin is.  It's already showing on Sky Tv.

0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 12 (696 Views)

I am really not surprised.

It took VM an eternity to get Sky Sports HD and BT sports HD and it's taking them forever to get both channels in 4K
Regards Freesports, I fear it will be the same.
Apparently next year we will be able to get Sky without a dish, I expect to see a lot of customers move over in 2018
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 7 of 12 (689 Views)

anthony_b wrote:
I am really not surprised.

It took VM an eternity to get Sky Sports HD and BT sports HD and it's taking them forever to get both channels in 4K
Regards Freesports, I fear it will be the same.
Apparently next year we will be able to get Sky without a dish, I expect to see a lot of customers move over in 2018

The vast majority of Sky customers will still use satellite as their preferred delivery method. Sky via IPTV will have the same issues as BT TV & TalkTalkTV (it will rely on a solid & fast fibre broadband connection. Problems regarding multi-room & multiple channel recording etc). Only 2% of the country cannot receive satellite & this is the area Sky are targetting by revamping the Sky Go system.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 12 (685 Views)

[ Edited ]
Virgin media need to do more and a lot of customers don't see this.
Constant issues including pixelation and sound issues.
Lack of channels and being behind Sky and BT
Constant price hikes

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/News-Updates/Sky-Q-to-launch-without-a-satellite-dish/ba-p/2596567

Do you not think VM need to do something now more urgently?
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12 (389 Views)

Hello,

do we know when this will be available?

I was quite excited to see that I could get Belgian league and today was a big derby to finally see it was delayed Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 12 (386 Views)

How long is eternity?

We been waiting long enough for 4k HD on sky sports and BT sports

Don't expect anytime soon
0 Kudos