Menu
lottie64
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

netflix

Hi Does anybody else experience problems with Netflix when trying to watch a film? Most of the films only load to 25%. Some do load and start to play, only to drop out part way through. netflix say it isn't  a problem from them! Is it just me?

0 Kudos
Twistedflax
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: netflix

I've asked about the same problem today. Been happening to me for weeks. I've looked everywhere for answers. Looks as though the problem goes back a few years. Please help us Virgin. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lottie64,

Thank you for taking the time to drop into the Community, I'd like to welcome you in Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to learn about the buffering whilst using the Netflix, that's never the best when you're tucking into your favourite shows and movies. 

I've been trying to run some tests but have been unable to locate your account. We can search for the details I need usually by replies over a Virgin Media connection but have been unable to. I'll need some additional information before I can investigate this for you and I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Stay in touch and have a great day.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
cheekiestchops
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,

I joined Virgin Media earlier this month but I am finding the Netflix service completely unusable. It constantly gets stuck on 25%. Could you also run tests for me. Thank you.

0 Kudos
SteerPike
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: netflix freezing at 25%

I had this problem over an extended period both on TiVo and smart TV, I tried turning everything off, logging out of Netflix, VM tuned the connection settings, etc., but nothing resolved the issue and eventually I simply stopped using Netflix.

However, I wonder if there is something about the VM network, when used from certain devices, that causes Netflix to detect that a proxy is being used?

From the Netflix Help centre https://help.netflix.com/en/node/14113

Netflix says "Title Not Available for Playback" or "We're Having Trouble Playing This Title Right Now."

This error message is sometimes triggered after a title becomes frozen at a 25% loading screen.

This error occurs when our systems have detected that you are connecting via a VPN, proxy, or “unblocker” service.

I have Web Safe turned on, perhaps this has an effect, I can't check as I cancelled the Netflix subscription.

0 Kudos