Menu
kgohlitz
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

need a remote control and no one´s answering at virgin media through phone call or chat option

I´ve been trying to contact Virgin Media today from 9am (now 1535) and no one´s answering!!!  It´s been a waste of a whole day!!

When calling, the voice menu does give you the option of "faults", and none of the options after that choice apply to my concern.  Then, when I just wait without choosing one, I hold for 15 mins or more just to be disconnected every time! I also tried the chat and it´s impossible to get through!

How do I ask for a new remote control from the menu of the recording? Or how do I get through the chat?

Could someone please let me know how to get in touch with a real person of virgin media?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: need a remote control and no one´s answering at virgin media through phone call or chat option

Remote controls are requested via a call in normally, though some have gotten a replacement requested via the web chat.

The remote control is part of your TV service, so when in the faults menu you'd go with the TV faults option.

As for getting through to an agent in the web chat, it is usually in high demand. So when you encounter the message that all agents are busy, either reload the page every three minutes or less then check again. Or leave the page open, a chat prompt will eventually pop up inviting you to chat with an agent.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
kgohlitz
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: need a remote control and no one´s answering at virgin media through phone call or chat option

Thank you for taking your time in answering, I'll definitely try the refresh page tip.

As for the help line through a phone call, I do go to the TV option, then 'faults', and when you get in there, non of the options make a reference (not even indirectly) to the remote control, only if you want to reset your box, or make/change an appointment with a technician and things like that. So that's why I finally decided to wait without pressing any of the options after I get to the TV option. That's when I get put on hold after entering my password and after 15 min (or more) it just gets disconnected...

Anyway I will be using the peel remote control app of my mobile which I luckily could synchronise after the original remote stopped working.

Thanks again for your input
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there kgohlitz,

Sorry for the bother you've had with this.

Great advice from @Shelke!

Hopefully, this has now been resolved for you.

Please let me know if I can assist with anything further.

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
kgohlitz
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just as a follow up:

Finally on my second day of trying to contact Virgin Media I got through the phone. Maybe I was unlucky the day before and Virgin Media had a bad day, but this time when calling 150 I chose again the TV option. After waiting around 8 mins the call came through (eventhough non of the options make it clear it will happen) and a real person of customer service answered.

The response was hassle free and now I'm waiting for the spare remote control that they're sending after explaining that after 4 years it was old and worn out.

I just want to add that I guess that in general sth was wrong with the service since my tivo box was running really slow at the beginning of the week and now it's functioning normal again without having done anything.

Hope it keeps on like this!

Will wait for my new remote control 😉