Menu
houghton19
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

moving tv to another room.

Hi guys, Im looking at moving my TV from 1 room to another.

As part of my job i actually lay cables in, around and ont the outsides of peoples houses, I am now looking at moving my V6 box to the bedroom, but because I dont work with cable i just have a question please.

At the front of my house i Have a splitter, Only 1 cable runs off this and onto another splitter that connects my tv box and modem. 

I guess i can just run new cable from the 1st splitter into the new room of choice and connect tv box in new location?

also if the above is possible do i need another splitter just to connect the 1 box?

thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: moving tv to another room.

Not quite as simple as that.

1) Virgin do not use standard coax. The type used for Freeview & Satellite does not provide the immuinty to RF ingress that is required on cable systems. Virgin use specially manufactured cable for this purpose.

2) Any change of more than 5 metres in a cable run normally requires a signal level adjustment at the street cabinet to keep the downstream & upstream channels in balance.

3) Making any changes to your installation (which is Virgins property) is against your Terms of service.

Virgin charge a non-fault callout fee to do the work (£99). DIY changes that mess up the local network will end up costing you far more.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos