Menu
mart099
Settling in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

moving from sky to vm

I have currently have sky and looking to move to vm.  A couple of questions focused on cabling

I currently have a dish with two cables one to living room and one to another room (mutiroom).  I want to use the existing cabling from the dish and connect to the vm service.  Can this be done?

I do not want to run any new cables inside the house as this is all chased into the walls.  Can the VM TV feed be fixed on outside of house and connected to cables on the dish?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: moving from sky to vm

Virgin use cabling & connectors of a higher spec than are used for satellite, as their system has to be immune to ingress from DTT & DAB broadcast signals, with which they share the same spectrum. If these were to leak back to the street cabinet they would cause havoc with the local network, so using your own cabling is not an option. Cables can & usually are taken externally to the optimum entry point on the building, but dont expect a VM installer to go above the 1st floor.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
mart099
Settling in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hmmm - not sure how i can make this work then. One of my TVs is in the middle of my house and to get to it from an internal feed would mean pulling feeding under a floor boards and wooden flooring over 10m to a box located at front of my house.

I doubt the vm installer would go the extra mile to feed the cable under the boards??
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you lift them for him he will.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
mart099
Settling in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

thanks for your replies to my posts nodrogd
0 Kudos