Menu
sophieapperley
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

mode not supported

Hi
When we try to watch TV it says "The resolution is not supported on this TV. Please change the resolution." We are definitely on the right hdmi channel, nothing has been moved or unplugged etc, it just isn't working so we can't watch TV. No idea what to do next, I checked the service for our area and it seems to be OK.
0 Kudos
sophieapperley
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: mode not supported

Forgot to say it has always worked since we've had it (2 years) and just hasn't work since I tried turning the TV on yesterday morning.
0 Kudos
sophieapperley
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Update! For anyone who has the same problem...
The message was showing when trying to watch TV and trying to use the ps4. Turned everything off at the wall for 5 mins and back on again and it worked! So before you start fiddling with any settings try this first!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there sophieapperley, 

I'd firstly like to welcome you to the forums, and say that I'm sorry to hear that you were getting this unsupported issue the other day. Glad to hear that you managed to resolve things by restarting things (To be honest with you this would've been one of my first suggestions). 

I'm not exactly clear on what you were doing, you say you were watching TV and using the PS4 at the same thing, I guess this may be a function of your TV, as this is not something that the TiVo® can do, and I don't believe the PS4 does this either (Though I may be wrong, I'm not a big game fanatic, and have yet to upgrade my PS3 to the PS4)

If you could expand on this it would be great, as it may help some future visitors to this forum. 

Cheers

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
sophieapperley
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Huw,
Sorry we weren't trying to use both at the same time. The virgin box and ps4 are setup on the TV on 2 different hdmi settings. The virgin TV would not work and had the mode not supported message and when we swapped hdmi and tried to use the ps4 it showed the same message. I originally thought our TV settings had been changed accidentally but read on another help site (can't remember where-found it on google) that somebody had the same problem with their sky box and they had been told it was the sky box sending wrong signals and blocking both the TV and console from working, so they turned all off and back on 5 mins later, so I did the same assuming the virgin box was doing something strange like that sky box had been! No idea but it hasn't happened again since Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for clearing that up Sophieapperly, 

And thank you also for sharing. I know it's a cliché these days but sometimes the "Turning if all off and back on again" way of thinking does work wonders Smiley Happy 

Take care

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
sophieapperley
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No problem! Haha yep you're right! Next time that's the first thing I'll try! Thanks Smiley Happy
0 Kudos