Menu
maggie5986
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

missing HD on demand

unable to get HD on catchup and demand on Tivo box been like this for a few weeks now anyone any ideas VM fault department unable to understand

0 Kudos
CiaranL
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: missing HD on demand

Go to TV instead of catch up tv, it's option 3 on a normal box, instead of option 1.

0 Kudos
maggie5986
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Don't quite understand. my option 1 is TV. It is my TIVO box that is not working with on demand or carch up BBC & ITV hub for example no longer have HD option am I being stupid

0 Kudos
trentman
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Maggie 5986,

I don't think ITV hub has an HD option - could VM forum team confirm this. Also is HD an option on other devices - could anyone advise?

Re I Player, if you go into settings on the main menu and select" Video Quality" you get the options of "Best Quality" or "Standard Definition" , so presumably "Best Quality" is the HD option.

Regarding On Demand you have to go into the show you are interested in to see if HD is an Option e.g. click on "Magic City" and you will see the HD symbol after each episode. There are however a lot of series where HD is not available.

It's the same for Sky Movies, some are in HD, some are not. You have to click on the movie to find out. It's also been posted that the HD version is only available for 30 days. Is this really true VM?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

trentman wrote:

Hi Maggie 5986,

I don't think ITV hub has an HD option - could VM forum team confirm this. Also is HD an option on other devices - could anyone advise?

Re I Player, if you go into settings on the main menu and select" Video Quality" you get the options of "Best Quality" or "Standard Definition" , so presumably "Best Quality" is the HD option.

For ITV, you're correct. It's currently SD only for Catch Up

In regards to the iPlayer, there are details about what 'Best Quality' is here http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/tv/connected/virgin/changes_hd .

This option isn't restricted to TiVo, but it's one of the few devices that do it.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos