Menu
simon_j_t
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

iplayer buffering

Hi there

BBC iplayer keeps buffering for us. Id anyone able to offer any suggestions/checks/solutions?

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: iplayer buffering

Is this iPlayer on a Tivo, or a V6 or on a pc/computer?

0 Kudos
simon_j_t
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, our problems are with a Tivo.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
cjp1
Dialled in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately this happens with TiVo boxes, they aren't fit for purpose.

We have two and this happens on both, one of the TiVo's is only 2 months old.

As I have stated on this board many times VM really should replace these for free with V6 boxes but at the moment are insistent on charging a fee as they say it would be an upgrade. They are in denial regarding the poor performance of the TiVo boxes.

Mr_K
Well-informed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It is par for the course. Have to admit I use my smart TV for iPlayer now, no issues.
VMs solution seems to be to introduce a new box and charge for it, suppose it makes business sense. They should fix the old one. People are still paying for a faulty box. Report it as a fault and make them earn their money.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi simon_j_t, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue watching TV from the BBC iPlayer app on your TiVo® Smiley Sad

Checking your account it looks as though there are a few issues with the TiVo® itself. Your input levels need adjusting and there are a very high number of timeouts. 

We'll need to get an engineer out to you to resolve this. I have sent you a private message with some information. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos