Menu
sabz93
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

invalid smartcard

my v+ box is coming up invalid smartcard anyone know how to fix tried calling virgin media but was on hold for ages
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: invalid smartcard

sabz93 wrote:
my v+ box is coming up invalid smartcard anyone know how to fix tried calling virgin media but was on hold for ages

Besides calling in, you can wait for a member of the Forum Team here to sort it. As long as you have one of your Virgin Media emails linked to your community account here or are posting from your home broadband connection, they won't need to private message you for details (so that they can locate your account.)

For future reference value: Another way (but very much busy all the time) is the Contact Us Page, which should be accessed with a desktop or laptop device, between 9AM to 5PM (M-Sa): http://contact.virginmedia.com/ -> TV -> Loss of TV Service. Click 'Chat Online'. All agents busy? reload the page every 3 minutes or so and check again. Or leave the page open until you get a chat prompt.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there sabz93, 

I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that you are getting the invalid smart card message. 

This is normally caused when a set top box has not been in contact with our servers for some time. I've taken a look at things, and sent some signals which will get things up and running for you. Should you still be having an issue, please be aware that it may take up to 24 hours for the signals to work, if after 24 hours you're still getting this issue, please let me know. 

Many thanks and apologies again

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
sabz93
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

OK thanks
0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

sabz 93 invalid smartcard go to settings on technical stuff and check smart card status if it reads mute error then you have got a faulty card or its a smart card error via vplus hd box if you get other mesages on screen take card out of box and reboot it but huw advice might be correct invalid smart card just means errors thanks jonni
0 Kudos