Menu
davebradley
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 34
Flag for a moderator

invalid smartcard error 3014

Hi, not used the HD box in the bedroom for ages and it has been left powered off. Wife asked me to put it back on for her to escape the football ! I'm getting "it seems this smartcard is invalid" ref3014.have rebooted it a couple of times but still keep getting the same message HELP PLEASE ! cheers Dave.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 34
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: invalid smartcard error 3014

The boxes and Cards seem to get removed from the system if there not used for some time.

One of the Forum team will either Send a hit to the box in question and inform you here or sendyou a PM to get details from you in order to be able to send the hit.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
davebradley
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 34
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

All working correctly !!! many thanks for a quick response and successful outcome !!! .

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 34
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The boxes and Cards seem to get removed from the system if there not used for some time.

One of the Forum team will either Send a hit to the box in question and inform you here or sendyou a PM to get details from you in order to be able to send the hit.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
dozer167
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 34
Flag for a moderator

davebradley,

has you have left your box powered off for some time, the signal will have to be resent to your box.   You may just wait for a Forum team operative to respond to your post, though this may take any thing up to 5days.   However, you may contact virgin customer services on 150 free from a virgin landline, or alternatively call 0845 4541111 (chargeable) from any other telephone / mobile, and request the customer services operative to send the signal down to V HD box, so that it will be operational once more.      

Regards  dozer167

I do not work for Virgin Media, I'm just another customer. If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the kudos star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer?
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 4 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Hi davebradley,

A hit has been sent to your card, your service should resume shortly.  If you still have no service in around an hour, reboot the box.

Thanks

Adrian Hayes
Virgin Media
---------------------------------------------
I work for Virgin Media but I browse and post on the forums during my spare time.

davebradley
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 34
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

All working correctly !!! many thanks for a quick response and successful outcome !!! .

0 Kudos
peterhall123
Joining in
Message 6 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, I have two HD boxes, one in the living room and the other in a spare room upstairs. The one upstairs has not been used for a some time due to redecoration and when turned on yesterday it is saying smart card invalid. Could a Virgin team member please send a signal through to try and give me back my channels please.

Regards

0 Kudos
MattSB
Tuning in
Message 7 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, I'm having the same problem as the two mentioned above. Same situation where the virgin box has been turned off for a while and turned it on to invalid card error.

Thanks for any help,

Matthew

0 Kudos
IanWood
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 34
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same issue.

Have been on hold for around almost 8mins now - please can someone fix it...

0 Kudos
paul-heavyside
Tuning in
Message 9 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I'm having the same problem could someone send a signal to my box please?

0 Kudos
pauly21
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 34
Flag for a moderator

My TiVo box is displaying the same "sorry smartcard is invalid' 3014.

Can someone please sort this here?

0 Kudos