Menu
mdahya
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

iPlayer buffering

Hi,

I'm new to the forum, so hope I'm explaining my issue well.

I have a smart Samsung TV, iplayer recently has begun to buffer (icon with circle rotating), It has been getting worse to a point where we cannot watch anything for more than a few seconds. 

I understand that out Tivo box has a dedicated 10mb line, however - even trying iPlayer directly on the Tivo box buffers.

I'm not sure if buffering is the correct phrase as once this icon appears - it just stays there until we exit iPlayer and start it up again.

There have been no firmware updates on the TV, nor any changes on the router. Have tried powering down and unplugging the Tivo box, TV and router too.

Look forward to your thoughts....

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPlayer buffering

Hi mdahya,

A warm welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting buffering issues on the BBC iPlayer.  I'll be happy to help check this out with you.

Can you please advise if you are using the BBC iPlayer App through the TiVo® box or the Smart TV?  

If it is through the TiVo® I can check things over for you.  If it is via the Smart TV then it may be best to post to our Broadband team here.

Keep me posted, I'm here to help if you need me Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
mdahya
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.

I use both Tivo and Smart TV - both have this issue!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there mdahya, 

Thank you for coming back to me on this, I've taken a look into things for you, and can see that we are experiencing some high peak time traffic in the area which is affecting both your TV and Broadband. This may explain why your TiVo® is experiencing an issue as well as your Smart TV which will use your broadband signal. 

I can see that our network technicians are working on upgrading the network and have set a review date of 11th November, the reference for this is F003550793. 

Apologies once again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
martinhgregory
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tried to watch some programmes on the iplayer recently and for the last couple of nights it's been unwatchable with constant buffering. Seems to be a problem between 8pm and 10pm which I guess is the busiest time. 

I thought the buffering problem had been resolved with all the recent upgrades but it's raised its ugly head again!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martinhgregory Smiley Happy

Thank you for coming in and posting again, sharing your experiences. Apologies for the long post before you read on Smiley Happy

I've tested the TV services and the TiVo is responding well, which is always a good sign. I was able to see an issue with your downstream power levels, it's essential these work in order to prevent faults.

I did also notice a fault at the address and the network team planning to undertake some broadband upgrades to support the increased demand for our services in your area. Any interactive streaming feature issues you may be experiencing (particularly at peak times such as evenings and weekends) will be resolved.

The Networking team will be carrying out some work on this as soon as possible and I've popped in the ticket reference for you here F004022465. I've highlighted this and someone will be with you regarding the outage soon.

The TiVo signal levels will need to be adjusted so I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Many thanks for your time.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos