Menu
PaulR1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

i-player buffering

Hi

For the last month or so bbc i-player continues buffering, making watching it impossible.

I have tried a complete clear and reset, but still it continues.

My broadband test isn't great compared to others nearby (24mbs download), but still should be adequate?

I had an issue a while ago which was fixed by Virgin, the operative said then that my TIVO had 'bad sectors'.

Any help, as I'm getting close to changing TV/Broadband/phone supplier.

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: i-player buffering

Hi PaulR1,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that the BBC iPlayer has been buffering and disrupting your programmes.  I'll be happy to help check this out for you.

I have carried out various checks with the TiVo® remotely, I have found a signal issue (Return Path SNR) that may be causing some trouble for you.  Can you please confirm if you're still getting the buffering issue today?  Also, if this affects other apps like Netflix or YouTube can you let me know?

In regards to the Broadband service, this will be separate to the TiVo® as the TiVo® has its own dedicated modem to supply the connection.  I have found there is an issue with the Upstream Power levels here.  This aspect will require an engineer to call round and fix for you.  

If you can get back to me with the Apps issue, I will arrange for an engineer to take care of both services for you.

Keep me posted, I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
PaulR1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette

Thanks for the quick and in-depth response.

I am at work now, but will check iplayer/netflix/you tube when I get home tonight. Neflix wasn't buffering as much as iplayer when I last looked, but took about 10 minutes to start up, which seemed extreme.

Would be grateful if an engineer can be booked. The best day for us is tomorrow or Thursday... otherwise Saturday?

Thanks again...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply PaulR1 Smiley Happy

I will send you a private message with further details of arranging an appointment.  Look for the purple envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos