Menu
PatMcKinnell
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

i have been charged for the TV service for the last 7 years despite never having been sent a box

I have been charged for the full package of TV, internet and phone for the last 7 years despite only ever wanting phone and internet. i have never been sent a TV box so never been able to use the TV services. I have been told that all I cn do is give 1 months notice to cancel the TV service and if I don't like that to complaint to the ombudsman! I am 80 years old and do not know why I have been charged for TVor why I cannot get a refund
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: i have been charged for the TV service for the last 7 years despite never having been sent a box

It took you 7 years go notice. if you had the service you should of reported the missing box to VM. as it was most likey a package you can;t get have the money refunded. you have to give VM a chance to correct a fault. and that would of been reporting the missing tv box as a fault 7 years ago
0 Kudos
spell
Well-informed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: i have been charged for the TV service for the last 7 years despite never having been sent a box

Pat,

An interesting response but I would suggest the logic is flawed - lets look at the other side of the coin.

There is not and never has been a 'fault' unless VMs service is seen as such.

VM undertook a contract to provide TV services but failed in the first instance to do so - they knew this because the installer failed to provide and wire up a box (you are not exactly off the hook and a bit of self help would have prevented what has happened). 

They had a duty to be aware of this and rectify the situation but they dealt with it by KNOWINGLY taking money for years for a service they knew they were not providing - a matter far more serious than just breaching their contract.

You do need some assistance with this (the apparent attitude of the service  agent should give cause for concern to a supervisor) and its got nothing to do with your age (with age comes wisdom).apart from you are most probably used to being dealt with in a more civilised manner - times have changed.

Failing anyone you know being able to assist can I suggest obtaining advice on your situation from the Citizens Advice Bureau - you can ring or even deal with them online.

In the meantime try to dig out any documentation regarding your initial contract and keep a record of any further contacts.

Of course it would be good if a moderator could assist (I know they can't get involved in billing but they may be able to get this situation to an appropriate persons attention).

Good luck with it

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

if tv was never part of your package and you have been charged then that's a different store.

But part C.2 of the terms state

We will always aim to provide you with the best service possible, but we will not be liable for interruptions, reception, picture degradation or other problems with the television services which are beyond our reasonable control. You agree that you will tell us about any fault in the services by contacting our customer services team, who will aim to respond as promptly as possible. In many circumstances it is possible to correct a fault over the phone. If this is not possible, we will send a technician to correct the fault.

I'd say the missing TV box is a pretty big fault so you should of contacted them to have the fault fixed.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi PatMcKinnell,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm very sorry to hear we've been charging you for a TV service for 7 years despite you never having a box from us.

I've managed to locate your account to check this. While I can't discuss specifics I can see you've contacted us regarding the issue. I hope you're okay with the information you have been provided.

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos