Menu
rogph61mail
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

how do i get east midlands central tv news

We live in east midlands central region  (area ref 30), but we can only receive west midlands central news not east midlands news. How can we change to our local news ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: how do i get east midlands central tv news

You should find ITV Central East on channel 103. Do not use ITV HD (113).

While both ITV Central West & East news originate from the same studios. The East Midlands news is recorded earlier & then is transmitted at the same time as the "Live" West Midlands version. However, there are no facilities to transmit these seperate versions simultaniously in HD, so only the West Midlands version is available on ITV HD.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I am also in the E Midlands region and interesting hearing the recording news.
Nice little titbit thanks nodrogd.
I did know the Central Studios in Nottingham was closed some time ago as I live near Nottingham I had been to the recording of several things.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

BinghamBloke wrote:
I am also in the E Midlands region and interesting hearing the recording news.
Nice little titbit thanks nodrogd.
I did know the Central Studios in Nottingham was closed some time ago as I live near Nottingham I had been to the recording of several things.

This is done in several sub-divided regions now to save on costs. So even where some of the legacy studios still exist, they are not always used to produce local output in a daily basis. In some regions (like Anglia East/West) you will even have the same presenters doing both versions of the local news at the same time in each sub-region.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos