Menu
JDLR007
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

how do I extend my cable if move room around?

how do I extend my cables if re-arrange room?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: how do I extend my cable if move room around?

Non-fault callouts to extend VM's network cables are £99. Any alterations to VM's network cabling is against T & C's, as unofficial alterations could cause interference, & also mess up your signal levels (but you know some of this already). 

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
JDLR007
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thats a rip-off just to add bit of cable that you can easily fit yourself 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well, I've told you what the risks are. You could end up paying far more than £99 if you screw up the local network. Also I'd like to know how you think you go about adjusting your singal levels when your TiVO cannot communicate with the network due to the changes made.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
JDLR007
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Then Virgin saying you can "self install all your equipment goes against there own terms of use  how do you explain this??

nodrogd wrote:

Well, I've told you what the risks are. You could end up paying far more than £99 if you screw up the local network. Also I'd like to know how you think you go about adjusting your singal levels when your TiVO cannot communicate with the network due to the changes made.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

JDLR007 wrote:

Then Virgin saying you can "self install all your equipment goes against there own terms of use  how do you explain this??

nodrogd wrote:

Plugging a box in to an existing cable is not the same thing as making an adjustment to Virgins install 

0 Kudos
MikeVFR
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I refurbished my front room, back to bare walls and all the floorboards up.  We camped out in our dining room for the couple of weeks we spent doing it.  Virgin Media wanted £99 to move the box to the back of the house and then £99 to move it back afterwards.

I went down to my local electrical supply store (thank you Modern Radio), bought a length of cable and the necessary connectors for less than £10 (including the parking charge).  Worked with no problem whatsoever and so simple my 8 year old Son did lot of the work copying me as we went.

0 Kudos