Menu
PhilipC
Tuning in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

have seemed to have lost the horror channel

Why has Horror been taken off until the end of December ?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
glenn1962
Tuning in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: have seemed to have lost the horror channel

Just reading the T&C'S 10 sound interesting, http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services.html

10. If as a result of a withdrawal of content you will be receiving a cheaper Virgin Media package from the one you received immediately before the withdrawal, we will reduce the price you pay to the price of the new package.

I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers

All Replies
Magical1
Tuning in
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I think you'll find more than just the horror channel missing, I am missing six channels.

TiVo upgraded itself last night and those channels are now no longer included in the medium more package.

I phoned to complain today and was advised that in terms and conditions of contract virgin reserve the right to vary the package content as they choose.

glenn1962
Tuning in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just reading the T&C'S 10 sound interesting, http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services.html

10. If as a result of a withdrawal of content you will be receiving a cheaper Virgin Media package from the one you received immediately before the withdrawal, we will reduce the price you pay to the price of the new package.

I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers
PhilipC
Tuning in
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Seems to me that Virgin are doing the usual, by taking channels off they are trying to force their customers to upgrade to a more expensive package just before Christmas, personally I am seriously considering dropping the tv from my package as soon as I can, I can actually get more channels using either freeview or freesat, as I am a pensioner I can ill afford to upgrade as much as I would like to

0 Kudos
VMViewer
Superfast
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

This is already covered in another thread.

If you've lost any channels it's because they weren't included in your TV package in the first place, you were getting them as an added bonus for a limited period only.
0 Kudos
Magical1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Not at all, I negotiated my package in April, the channels weren't bonus or promotional channels, they were a package which I contracted for 12 months.

I am used to channels that come and go seasonally and promotionally, thanks, I wouldn't expend my time, effort and energy **bleep**ing about that.

0 Kudos
VMViewer
Superfast
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Sadly you appear to be confused, the CBS channels have never been included in the 'More' package. They have been available to all customers for many months but only as a bonus.
0 Kudos
peppasmum
Tuning in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

yes and if you want them its even more money.....so when I renew....strike that when its time for me to renew I will already have found another provider it is that simple

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

These "freeview" periodic promotions are by the channel owners themselves. It is one of the rare occasions you really do get something for nothing (the channel owner actually makes a loss by doing this). It sounds weird to me that promotions like this would actually make a customer want to leave (like saying I don't like a shops periodic 2 for 1 offers so I'm shopping elsewhere).

The bad news is promotions like this happen on ALL pay TV platforms.

These were the free channel promotions offered recently:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV/Extra-Channels-free-this-weekend/m-p/3226879/highlight...

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

csf
Tuning in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I, too, have lost the Horror Channel, Syfy and, I think, several others. They were never promoted as Promotional. I've always had them. Isn't there a moral obligation (or a legal one?) to tell customers what they're getting and, maybe, to inform them when removing services? 

Can anyone tell me where I can find a definitive list of channels that I should have, or indeed should have had? I don't believe this exists. Anywhere......  When one heads to the channels available page one finds about 12 channels listed. I have many more than that. Are the other unlisted ones "promos"?

Am I right in thinking that Horror is on Freeview? If so, how can it be a loss-making promo by the Channel themselves? (from a reply elsewhere on this thread)

Can a Moderator please give a definitive reply?

P.S. This wasn't a free promo (shall I say it again?)

0 Kudos