Menu
damiah27
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

existing costumers pay £49.99 instalation fee for upgrade TV channels. FULL OF SH.....

As a costumer I was interesting to upgrade my tv channels. I did id online and when comes to payment virgin wanted charge me £49.99 instalation fee!!!!!absolutely rip-off!!!

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: existing costumers pay £49.99 instalation fee for upgrade TV channels. FULL OF SH.....

damiah27 wrote:

As a costumer I was interesting to upgrade my tv channels. I did id online and when comes to payment virgin wanted charge me £49.99 instalation fee!!!!!absolutely rip-off!!!

Call 150 and add them that way.  I just added Sky Sports Collection but didn't pay £49.99.  In fact when I upgraded to XL TV a couple of months ago, I got a £10/month discount for first three months.

0 Kudos
damiah27
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: existing costumers pay £49.99 instalation fee for upgrade TV channels. FULL OF SH.....

Well.... Virgin media should work on their website! And how they provide information for costumers
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unless you are adding an additional TV box to your account there are NO installation fees. - Apologies for the typo in my original post.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi damiah27,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm really sorry to hear of the confusion our website has caused. As mentioned by others on the thread, there is no installation fee to add channels. The only price you pay would be for the extra channels. 

Have you spoken to a member of the team to get the channels added yet? If not give them a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 Option 4 then 1 Smiley Happy

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
markrb1
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am having a similar issue.

I would like to take advantage of an upgrade to XL for £7.50 a month with 3 months Sky Sports included online exclusive offer.

However, when selecting the offer I am asked to select an installation date and then the £49.95 installation charge shows on the price breakdown.

When I call 150 I am told that they can't apply the offer over the phone.

I am worried that if I confirm the order online I will be charged the £49.95 fee on my next bill

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi markrb1,

Thanks for posting here and welcome to the Community. 

In order for it to be giving you the option of an install, it sounds as though it's requiring you to have new equipment. 

Checking on the account, I can see that this has already been resolved and your account has been upgraded.

If you have any further problems then post back here and we'll see what we can do Smiley Happy

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos