Menu
DeniseG
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

er_09 message. V box not working

Hi. My V box won't start up. when I switch the power on, either nothing happens or the er_09 message appears after it attempts to load. I think it could be that the power socket is faulty as it can be difficult to get the red standby light to come on. 

Please help...

Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: er_09 message. V box not working

Error messages like this one are usually the sign of a terminally ill box. It could also be a failed internal PSU.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Forum Team here can book you one if you are prepared to wait. There is also online chat via "Contact Us" at the bottom of this page.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Error messages like this one are usually the sign of a terminally ill box. It could also be a failed internal PSU.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

0 Kudos
DeniseG
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Great.... :-( 

Thanks nodrogd. Guess i'll have to try and get an engineer out. don't suppose you know how I can do that (I don't have a V phone line) without it costing me for the call?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Forum Team here can book you one if you are prepared to wait. There is also online chat via "Contact Us" at the bottom of this page.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

0 Kudos
DeniseG
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi DeniseG,

Welcome to the Forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear your V+ service has this error.  You do indeed require an engineer to call out and fix for you.  I'll be happy to help arrange this.

I will send you a private message with all the details.  (Look out for the envelope icon above)

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos