Menu
andytown
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

do I see a picture on HD channel if I'm not getting a HD signal? shocking picture currently

The last week or so I'm getting shockingly poor general picture quality. HD channels just don't look like they are in HD for instance. Varies to some extent from time to time, but picture just isn't good, and no way are the HD channels acceptable. BBC and ITV HD are particularly noticeably poor. 

Now I negotiated a discount a couple of weeks ago (after paying over the odds for a good few years). I'm starting to wonder if somehow the poor picture is down to that!

If, for instance, I wasn't being provided with a HD signal, would I still physically get a picture on the HD channels? e.g. when on 108 for BBC if they weren't giving me HD would I still see anything or would I just get an SD picture? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: do I see a picture on HD channel if I'm not getting a HD signal? shocking picture currently

Hello andytown,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

As long as you have a HDMI cable connected and your television is on one of the HDMI source channels then you should be receiving a HD quality picture if you go to channels such as BBC HD 108.

What is the picture like, are you seeing a pixelated/freezing picture on some of the channels?

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
andytown
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: do I see a picture on HD channel if I'm not getting a HD signal? shocking picture currently

It was a massively soft picture with blotchy patches and fuzzyness, a bit like old fashioned interference.

However seems to be sorted on most channels by fiddling with the virgin cable connecting the wall to box. There was no sign of lose connections but simply moving the cable a bit has had a massive effect.

Amazed at how much of an effect this has. Some of the lesser channels are still awful picture. Should just manipulating the cable like this make such a difference to the picture?

0 Kudos